Certificates of Identity
Certificates of identity are emergency travel documents issued to Ugandans and non-Ugandans who cannot readily access Travel documents in emergency situations.
They are issued at Foreign Missions, Border points, Regional Passport Centers, Headquarters Immigration Offices.
- National ID for Ugandans
- Duly filled Application Form.
- Attach 2 passport size photos.
- Attach covering letter from Area LC.
- In the case of applications by non-nationals, applicant should justify why he/she doesn't have or can't obtain their national travel document.
- Attach travel booking or itinerary.
- Payment of UGX 40,000 fee.
- Validity of Certificates of Identity is up to 2 years. Applications for this Travel Documents shall be made personally at the designated Passport Office referred to in 11.6.