Due to Marriage
this is issued to a person that is legally married to a Ugandan for at least 3 years and living legally in the country
Duration: 5 years, 10 Years, Life
- Marriage certificate certified by Uganda Registry Services Bureau (URSB). Any other relevant support documents should be provided.
- Consent from Ugandan spouse
- Local council 1 recommendation from area of residence
- Medical report from a recognised health facility
- Valid Police report from Interpol/home country
- Copy of passport/national ID of Ugandan spouse
- Passport Copy (Bio data page) with at least 6 months validity
- Recent Passport-size Photograph
- Current immigration status / proof of legal stay in Uganda (pass, permit or residence )
- For couples resident in Uganda, either a work permit, dependant pass or student pass for the applicant
- Cover letter from the applicant
- Birth certificate if the couple has children
- The couple must appear before the board when asked.
Steps for Application
- Step 1: Log into the Immigration Portal and select start new application
- Step 2: Accept the terms and conditions displayed in the Disclaimer.
- Step 3: Select the visa or permit type, category and sub category
- Step 4: Complete the application form
- Step 5: Upload the required documents; a six-digit application ID eg. (234790123) is automatically generated as the reference number
- Step 6: Make payment for applications that require prepayment.
- Step 7: Upon approval, for application that don’t require top up payment, an approval letter will be generated and emailed to the applicant on the home page
- Step 8: Upon approval, make a top up payment for applications that require a top up payment. After payment an approval letter is generated and emailed to the client
- Step 9: Report to the immigration office/ border for biometric capture with all documents uploaded, payment receipts, approval letter and passport