Visas and Passes
Any person intending to enter into Uganda should do so only for lawful purposes and in accordance with national immigration laws, guidelines and formalities.
Foreign nationals intending to enter Uganda for purposes of employment should comply with requirements for expatriate employment in Uganda.
- All visa prone nationalities must obtain Uganda visas to facilitate their entry into the country.
- Uganda visas may be obtained at Uganda missions abroad or on arrival at the ports of entry in the country.
- All travellers to the Repubic of Uganda MUST have a valid Yellow Fever Immunisation card.
Visa & corresponding fees
|Category/description of visa||Cost|
|Single entry||US$ 50 per individual|
|Multiple entry visa 6-12 months||US$ 100|
|Multiple entry visa 24 months||US$ 150|
|Multiple entry visa 36 months||US$ 200|
|Students (Entry Visa for students who are not nationals of East African Cooperation.)||US$ 100|
|East African Tourist Visa (Three months Multiple Entry for Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda)||US$ 100|
|Residents of Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda travelling to any of the three countries can now enter the alternative Partner State. without paying for visas.||Fee Nil|
Note: visas do not permit gainful or voluntary employment in Uganda
- Entry into or exit from Uganda should be made only through gazetted ports of entry/exit
- List of visa exempt nationalities i.e. nationals of countries that do not pay for Uganda visas